New MineTunes 1.6.2 Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2
Have you ever wanted to make music in minecraft? Even if you’re satisfied with the vanilla note blocks, this mod even improves those. You now have a tool-tip which tells you what note the block is on, and you can set which note with a GUI.
If you place a sign on a note block, you can put lyrics to it, which will pop up in the chat box. But, this mod does way more than just that.
MineTunes also adds something called Block Tunes, which allows you to turn vanilla blocks into notes of their own. Make a musical floor by placing blocks inside of a rectangle made of a jukebox and three note blocks with a lever on the jukebox. The Block Tunes function also varies by time and biome.
The last function of this mod is the most complicated. It’s called Sign Tunes. You actually write music onto signs and it’ll play it. It uses something called Music Strings, a full music language, to do this. Using this you can change note length, octave, pitch, tempo, and anything else related to music. You could put Beethoven’s 9th on here with (relative) ease if you really wanted to.
On top of that, there’s no reason at all to not have this mod. It’s one of those mods that’re so small, but so useful, you forget they’re mods. It’ll feel just like the vanilla game, really.
MineTunes Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2 Main Features
- Makes using note blocks easier
- Allows you to make the world itself musical
- Adds the ability to make music with signs
How to use the MineTunes Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2
- Hover over a note block to see what note it’s on
- Press shift+W (sneak+forward) while hovering over a note block to open the GUI
- For Sign Tunes, place a sign down and write the music in the Music Strings language
- Right click a sign with an empty hand, or run a redstone signal to it, to activate the music
Note: If you want to get into Sign Tunes, I’d suggest getting Panicle Craft to go with this mod. It allows you to edit signs and do other stuff.
- You can also use framed books to add lyrics to Sign Tunes
MineTunes Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2 Pros and Cons
- Allows you to use note blocks easier
- Allows you to make more music using signs
- Allows you to turn the world into an album
- Can’t find any
MineTunes Mod Version 1.7.3 for Minecraft 1.6.2 Changelog
How to Install the MineTunes Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2
- Install Minecraft Forge (not required, but easier)
- Go to \.minecraft\mods
- Download the MineTunes Mod
- Drag the downloaded file into your mods file
- Done! Run Minecraft and enjoy.