Lucario is a Tier 3 Raid Boss in Pokémon Go. It is a bipedal Pokémon that looks similar to a dog which also seems to have raccoon-like features. It has red eyes, black paws along with large pointed spikes. It also has a third spike protruding out of its chest. It is not a very tough opponent to fight against but you will need the perfect counters to defeat it nevertheless. So in this Pokémon Go guide, we are going to talk about the best ways and counters using which you will be able to defeat Lucario in the best way possible.
Lucario in Pokémon Go
Lucario is a dual-type Fighting and Steel Pokémon with a maximum CP of 3056 at level 50. It is vulnerable to Fighting, Fire, and Ground-type attacks and if you are a high-level player, you will be able to fight against it all by yourself with the right set of counters. If you are a low-level player or don’t have ideal counters, bringing a friend or two with you will do the job.
The best moves from the moveset of Lucario are Counter and Aura Sphere. Both of them have a combined DPS of 66 and it is also the best combination of moves that can be used in both Pokémon Gyms and PvP battles. Other decent attacks from its move pool include Bullet Punch, Flash Cannon, Shadow Ball, and Close Combat amongst other good options.
Best counters against Lucario in Pokémon Go
Here’s the list of the best counters that you can use against Lucario and guarantee a win for yourself.
- Groudon (Primal): Mud Shot/Precipice Blades
- Charizard (Mega Y): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Blaziken (Mega): Counter/Blast Burn
- Garchomp (Mega): Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Reshiram: Fire Fang/Fusion Flare
- Rayquaza (Mega): Air Slash/Dragon Ascent
- Charizard (Mega X): Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Terrakion: Double Kick/Sacred Sword
- Keldeo (Ordinary): Low Kick/Sacred Sword
- Alakazam (Mega): Counter/Focus Blast
- Groudon: Mud Shot/Precipice Blades
- Volcarona Fire Spin/Overheat
- Heatran: Fire Spin/Magma Storm
- Houndoom (Mega): Fire Fang/Flamethrower
- Lucario: Counter/Aura Sphere
- Chandelure: Fire Spin/Overheat
- Salamence (Mega): Fire Fang/Fire Blast
- Moltres: Fire Spin/Overheat
- Conkeldurr: Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Swampert (Mega): Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Blaziken: Counter/Blast Burn
- Darmanitan: Fire Fang/Overheat
- Emboar: Low Kick/Blast Burn
- Garchomp: Mud Shot/Earth Power
- Landorus (Therian): Mud Shot/Earthquake
- Delphox: Fire Spin/Blast Burn
- Excadrill: Mud-Slap/Scorching Sands
- Entei: Fire Fang/Overheat
- Landorus (Incarnate): Mud Shot/Earth Power
You should try to avoid fighting Lucario in Snow and Cloudy weather as they tend to boost attacks of Lucario and make them even more powerful than normal.
What are your thoughts about our guide on Lucario counters in Pokémon Go? Let us know in the comments below!
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Google News for quick updates.